Welcome to our clinic! For your convenience, we will explain our office policies so that we can serve you more efficiently. Please read the following carefully.
- Its a good idea to wear loose fitting clothes, as alot of acupuncture points are below the elbows and knees.
- Please refrain from wearing perfume oils, as some of our patients are sensitive to these.
- Please provide your practitioner with a list of any and all medications and/or supplements you are currently taking.
- Acupuncture is a very safe medical procedure and well known for its efficacy and lack of side effects. Occasionally, bruising may occur. Do not be alarmed, but if you have questions or concerns, we encourage you to call the office.
- We recommend relaxation and/or sleep after treatment.
- Please pay in full at the time of service.
- There is a $40 charge for cancellation of your appointment with less than 24 hours notice. At Island Acupuncture, we schedule a specific amount of time with each patient to be with their practitioner. We do this because we are committed to providing the very best service. An advance cancellation notice allows an opportunity to extend services to the many people on our waiting list.
- Please be on time for your appointments. If you find that you cannot be on time, please notify our office. If you are late for your appointment, the acupuncturist may not be able to see you.
- All herbs are paid for at the time of receipt. We can also leave herbs in the after-hours box outside the clinic or mail them to you with payment in advance.
- There is a $20 charge for returned checks.
- We accept cash, personal checks and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover).
- Please advise us of any change in your address or phone number(s).
- As a courtesy to others, please turn your cell phone off while at the clinic, unless there is an emergency.
- Please do not leave your children unattended.